Memoir Madness

Memoir Madness
Jennifer Semple Siegel

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Chapter One (December 27, 1968) (Draft)

Friday, December 27, 1968

(Pacific Ocean)

Apollo 8 returns to Earth, splashing down at 10:52 a.m., successfully wrapping up the first manned lunar mission. (1,2,3)

(Hollywood)

I’m still waiting for Stoney to get back, but it’s early yet. I just got up–I slept 14 hours straight, I was so tired, I just crashed in the middle of writing a letter to Jeff. I’m definitely going to cut back the dope; I wish Stoney would too.

He can be a difficult person to live with, especially when he’s high, but who isn’t?

He’s careless with his dope, leaving it all over the apartment. The other day, when I picked up a newspaper, weed and seeds fell all over the floor, and I had to pick it all up by hand.

What if the cops come?

We’d never flush that shit down fast enough.

God, I’m so worried about him–he’s bringing back a lot of acid, hidden in the lining of his coat. I think the heat is onto him–it’s only a matter of time before the cops nail him.

We might both end up in jail, and that would really freak my grandparents out.

____________________

(1) Brainy History
(2)
The Galactic Crossroads: Astronomy!! "Apollo 8"
(3)
Virtualology.com. "Apollo VIII"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, all blog comments are now moderated by admin.