Memoir Madness

Memoir Madness
Jennifer Semple Siegel

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Contents and Preface

Structure of Memoir Madness Draft


Caged: February 19, 1969
Prologue
-
-
-
I
Going to Cherokee
Chapters 1-52
-
-
-
II
Verdict
Chapter 53
-
-
-
III
Driven
Chapters 54-56
-
-
-
IV
Cherokee
Chapters 57-81
-
-
-
V
Going from Cherokee
Chapters 82-83
-
-
-
VI
Diagnosis
-
-
-
Released: August 30, 2004
__________
-
-
-
-
__________
-
Preface
-
Some names and/or minor characteristics of real persons have been changed to protect their privacy. Actual nicknames have been used for some real persons, most notably, Stoney.
-
Some minor locales have been changed.
-
For coherence and literary purposes, some passages have been compressed, expanded, or shifted around. Some scenes and dialogue have been recreated.
-
The time lines, late 1968 to May 9, 1969, and August 30, 2004, are accurate, and the facts of the case are correct, including the amount of time I spent in Cherokee, Iowa.
-
Events for which I have no documentation and/or memory of exact dates have been presented as flashbacks.
-
For my late grandparents’ first person narratives, I have referred to interview summaries contained in my hospital records–interviews conducted and summarized by my psychiatrist (and other hospital personnel). I have also relied on my personal knowledge about these people who raised me. The voices I have recreated are the voices I remember, and, therefore, may not reflect the memories and viewpoints of my other relatives.
-
This memoir reflects my memory and perspective–no one else’s–and any minor factual errors, albeit unintentional, are mine alone.
-
Special Thanks
-
To Dr. Mariano A. Favis, Jr., for being one of the good guys. Your wisdom changed the course of my life.
-
Apologies
-
Apologies to Jeff Brown, a starring player and still my friend, for his immense understanding. I can only imagine what it might be like to have one’s past life dragged out and exposed to the world by an ex-spouse. Also, thanks to Jeff for reading the drafts and commenting on them.
-
Apologies to one bit player: although my husband Jerry Siegel had no role in my life during the late 1960's, he has patiently accompanied me in my various quests for information. It must feel strange to read about that other Jennifer, not quite the Jennifer he met, courted, and married.
-
Additional apologies to three offstage players: Eric, my son by Jeff; Casey, Jeff’s present wife; and Rhia, my granddaughter–Eric’s daughter. They have absolutely no role in this drama, and yet, by association, they are a peripheral part of it.
__________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, all blog comments are now moderated by admin.